May 14, 2011 - 4:30pm - 6:30pm
7 North Court Street
See map: Google Maps
The Democratic Party of Conta Costa County, the Solano County Democratic Central Committee and all of the Friends of Congressman George Miller invite you to celebrate with Congressman George Miller and special guest Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Robert Reich
- Co-Chair: $2,500, five tickets
- Sponsor: $300, one ticket
- Individual: $125, one ticket
If you would prefer to contribute offline, you can do that here. For more information, please contact Dave Johnson at (925) 948-5165 or .
Directions to Martinez Marina
- From Highway 4: take the Alhambra Avenue exit and go north on Alhambra to Escobar Street. Turn right on Escobar, turn left onto Ferry Street. Cross the railroad tracks. Turn right onto Joe Dimaggion Drive and into the picnic area parking.
- From Concord, Walnut Creek: Take 680 North to Marina Vista exit. Turn left onto Marina Vista following it into town. Turn right onto Ferry Street. Cross the railroad tracks. Turn right onto Joe Dimaggion Drive and into the picnic area parking.
- From Solano County: Take 680 south across the bridge to the Marina Vista Exit. Turn left onto Marina Vista following it into town. Turn right onto Ferry Street. Cross the railroad tracks. Turn right onto Joe Dimaggio Drive and into the picnic area parking.
Congressman George Miller is a champion for jobs and the rights of working people, a clean environment, and a quality education for America's children. As the former chairman of the Education and Labor Committee he co-authored the historic health insurance reform law and he wrote the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to defend the rights of working women. He is home in his congressional district nearly every weekend and is in Washington every week battling for America's values and our shared prosperity.
Robert Reich, a brilliant and passionate defender of America's middle class, is Chancellor's Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley. He has served in three national administrations, most recently as Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton. He has written thirteen books, including The Work of Nations, Locked in the Cabinet, Supercapitalism, and his most recent book, Aftershock. His "Marketplace" commentaries can be found on publicradio.com and iTunes.